Booster – A New Way to Raise Funds & Awareness

in CustomInk News

BoosterCustomInk Logo

CUSTOMINK LAUNCHES BOOSTER

New Platform for Raising Funds & Awareness Through Sale of Custom T-Shirts

Tysons Corner, VA – August 13, 2013 –CustomInk

Today, CustomInk is proud to announce the launch of a new platform, Booster, designed to help people raise money and rally support for their causes, loved ones, groups and projects through the online sale of custom t-shirts. We at CustomInk expect Booster to attract veteran fundraisers looking for better tools; and empower newcomers with an easy way to launch their first campaigns.

“At CustomInk, ‘T-shirts Unite!’ is our rallying cry,” said CustomInk’s co-founder & president, Marc Katz. “We know that uniting around a common purpose is important to our customers, and it’s important to us too.  We’re extremely excited to introduce this new platform and can already see that a Booster campaign is so much more than a fundraiser.  T-shirts raise awareness, boost spirits and create a lasting connection like nothing else. This is all deeply part of our company character,so it’s really a privilege to help people come together and make a positive difference with Booster.”

Booster is simple, fast and free. Campaign organizers design a t-shirt using the design lab, set a selling price and sales goal and then spread the word about their campaign using Booster’s simple tools and social media integration.  Our t-shirt pros handle the rest – proofing artwork, creating high-quality shirts and delivering them to supporters.  After the campaign has concluded, Booster sends payment to the organizer or his/her designated cause for the full amount of funds raised.

Playground Fundraiser Campaign

Booster appeals to individuals supporting a loved one or promoting a passion; as well as organizations like charities, schools, churches, businesses, sports teams, neighborhoods and community groups.  Because there is no upfront cost to create a campaign and organizers are not responsible for collecting money or managing an inventory, Booster removes much of the hassle and uncertainty of fundraising.

CustomInk already does a significant volume of business for charitable causes. In our company history, we have serviced nearly 35,000 charitable groups and events. Our company attributes that level of demand to the general popularity of t-shirts and to their function as “walking billboards” for organizers seeking to promote a cause and help to raise awareness as well as dollars.

While in beta, more than 500 people used Booster to raise nearly $300,000 for a variety of causes, groups and projects.

Friends and family of six year-old cancer patient Cash McCandless rode in the 3-day Courage Classic bike ride to benefit Children’s Hospital Colorado.  They used Booster to sell more than 100 “Cash’s Crew” t-shirts and all funds raised supported the work of the hospital’s cancer unit.

Cash's Crew Campaign Image

“With the help of CustomInk and Booster our Cash’s Crew Campaign brought together family, friends and supporters to raise over $1,200.00 for The Morgan Adam’s Foundation and Children’s Hospital of Colorado,” said Stacy McHargue, Cash’s aunt.  “It was really meaningful to us that so many people bonded together to wear the shirts and share Cash’s story.  We’re still receiving photos of groups of people in the shirts.  We post all of those to a Facebook page so Cash can see his team of supporters in action.  Seeing people wearing ‘his’ shirts lifts his spirits.”

Unite Against Bullying ImageBeginning next week and through October, CustomInk itself will utilize Booster for its annual “Be Good to Each Other” campaign, which raises funds and awareness for bullying prevention.  Celebrities, including Janel Parrish (Pretty Little Liars), Beau Mirchoff (MTV’s Awkward), Karan Brar (Disney Channel’s Jesse and Diary of a Wimpy Kid), Super Bowl Champion Ray Rice of the Baltimore Ravens and Richard Sherman (Seattle Seahawks cornerback), and more will design bullying prevention t-shirts.  The “Celebri-tees” will be sold through Booster with CustomInk handling printing and fulfillment at cost, allowing 100% of the profits from those sales to go to PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center.

Regarding the name of the new platform, Marc Katz commented, “Traditionally, boosters are enthusiastic and energetic supporters of a cause – people with a ‘can do’ attitude who help create positive change.  Our aim is to give those people a platform to be even more successful with their projects.  A booster is also a rocket that really helps something take off.  Booster will help propel causes to the next level – boosting awareness and spirits while also raising funds.”

About Booster (www.booster.com)

Booster is an online platform for raising funds and rallying support through the sale of custom t-shirts.  Booster allows users to design a custom t-shirt and create a personalized page to share their motivation and fundraising goals. Simple online tools make it easy to promote the sale of the shirt to friends, family and the community.  Booster is the free, easy and fun way to raise money and rally support through custom tees.  Booster was created by CustomInk (www.customink.com), the leader in custom t-shirts.  Since its founding in 2000, CustomInk has delivered approximately 50 million custom shirts to customers nationwide.

About CustomInk (www.customink.com)

Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Northern Virginia, CustomInk is the leader in “design online” custom t-shirts for groups and occasions.  CustomInk’s innovative online Design Lab offers customers a huge selection of art and fonts, including offerings from the renowned design firms of Charles S. Anderson™ and House Industries™, as well as the option to upload their own artwork.  Customers also enjoy free expert support from CustomInk’s acclaimed “T-shirt Ambassadors” and professional artists.  The company’s exacting standards for design and print quality underscore its commitment to perfection.  Recognized nationally for its rapid growth and workplace excellence, CustomInk is committed to its core values of the Golden Rule, ownership and innovation.  To learn more, visit www.customink.com/our_story/ or call 800-293-4232.

© 2013 CustomInk, LLC. All rights reserved. CustomInk is a registered trademark of CustomInk, LLC. The “Inky” octopus is a trademark of CustomInk, LLC.

Adam Levine April 18, 2014 at 10:35 am

Ashlynn,

Thanks for emailing in. I’ll have a Booster Advisor reach out to you today. You should expect an email within 24 hours. Best of luck with the art supply fundraising!

Ashlynn Flure April 18, 2014 at 12:26 am

I am looking to raise money for art supplies and I am not exactly clear on how the money is raised during the time span that the shirts go on sale. If I could get an email explaining everything that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Ashlynn

Adam Levine March 16, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Grace,

Booster is free. An advisor should be reaching out in the next day. Best of luck with the rescue.

Adam Levine March 16, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Robert,

Thanks for commenting!

I sent your question to our Booster Advisor Team. Expect a response in the 24 hrs.

Thanks!

Robert March 16, 2014 at 12:55 pm

I am curious about starting a campaign but I’m not clear on what the fee structure is. You charge $5 per donation for the delivery fee, and that is it? no additional fees? Seems like not enough money to support a business so I’m wondering what else you do to turn a profit.

Grace Hanson March 14, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I am trying to raise money for a local horse rescue. Is booster 100% free? They really need the money so I wanted to make hoodies for people nation wide to buy and we give all the money to the rescue group. I do not have money myself for hoodies so is booster all free? Do I have to pay anything? Thank you!

Adam Levine March 14, 2014 at 11:15 am

Hi Bobby,

What a great idea. I’ll have a Booster Campaign Advisor reach out to you today.

bobbypace March 13, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I am righting a book about slavery call MY SKIN IS MY SIN my book will pub in 6 week give or take 2 or 3 days I wood love to use booster to bring awareness to my book and to slavery what better way then in a t-shirt what do you think?

Wendy Williams March 5, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I do a girls talk group for teenagers and would like to raise money for motivational speakers, food, group supplies and outings. I’m looking for ways to raise money for my group.

Adam Levine March 3, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Mel,

That is a good question. I have passed it along to one of our Booster Advisors, who should contact you later today. Best of luck!

Mel March 2, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Hey just wondering what happens with the extra money and shirts people ordered if we don’t make the amount of shirts with in the time frame

Kendra Norman February 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Hello,
I have used you company before for t-shirts and would like to get involved with a fundraiser to help my local youth program get football and cheer uniforms. Is it too late to start?

Adam Levine February 10, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Anna,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! I’m happy to help. Expect to receive an email from me by Thursday this week. All the best.

Anna Faunce February 7, 2014 at 7:17 am

Can you please give me some suggestions for a Team name for a Dementia walk. This will be a family affair with my Mom who has dementia. Infinity, Mereme, family, love, and God. these are the things that mean so much to my Mom.

Thanks for the help.

Adam Levine February 5, 2014 at 9:42 am

Hi Crystal,

Very cool. I just let one of our Booster Advisors know you need some info, so you should be receiving an email shortly. Best of luck with the Drag Strip fundraiser!

Crystal February 4, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I’m looking to raise money to support the Drag Strip I work/race at. I would like more information about any costs associated with selling 50 shirts.

Crystal

Adam Levine January 31, 2014 at 8:00 am

Hi Heather,

Thank you for reaching out. I’m happy to put you in touch with one of our Booster Advisors, who should reach out to you later today. Best of luck with your campaign!

Heather B. January 30, 2014 at 2:42 pm

We are looking to raise Awareness of a product called Essure and it’s many adverse effects on the women who rely on it. Can you give me more information about how this works?

Adam Levine January 13, 2014 at 9:42 am

Dede,

Thanks for your inquiry. A Booster Advisor should be reaching out to you later today. We look forward to working with you!

DeDe January 12, 2014 at 10:40 am

Hola! I would like to promote multilingualism in my community. I think you are offering a platform I can use to help me purchase bilingual books for children. Please send me more information. Gracias!

Adam Levine January 8, 2014 at 10:13 am

Elizabeth,

I’ve contacted one of our Booster Advisors, and they should be in touch with you today to go over the program. Thanks for reaching out!

Elizabeth January 7, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I would like to use booster to raise money for a new sound system for the music department a my school. Can I have some more info. on how I can use booster and more about its faculties?

Adam Levine January 6, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Hey Victorine,

Thanks for visiting!

I have passed along your info to our Booster team and an advisor should be contacting you shortly. All the best.

Adam Levine January 6, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Kate,

Thanks for visiting!

I just reached out to the Booster team to get you some more info. One of the Boosters Advisors should be in touch soon!

Adam Levine January 6, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Hi David,

Sorry, I was out of the office on holiday. But I’ll pass along your info to our Booster team and they should be in touch in 24 hrs. Best of luck!

Victorine January 6, 2014 at 1:57 pm

hi i will like to raise fund for my school and i want to move. can you help me?

Kate January 3, 2014 at 1:13 am

Hi I’m wanting to use booster.com to raise money because our church is in need of a new building but I am curious what percentage booster keeps of the funds raised so I can think of a perfect price for the shirts. What percentage of each purchased shirt does booster keep?

David C January 1, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Need info cost if any ect. Thanx so much 623 374 5436

Adam Levine December 3, 2013 at 9:33 am

Brian,

Thanks for reaching out. I’ll have one of our Booster Advisors contact you today and discuss how everything works. Best of luck!

Christopher December 2, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Hi I’m going to be going on a missions trip and was wondering if I would be able to raise money for the trip?

Adam Levine December 2, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for visiting and asking you question. One of our Booster Advisors will be in touch with you today about working with us. Best of luck.

Adam Levine December 2, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Isaiah,

Thanks for visiting. Someone from our Booster team should be contacting you today. All the best.

Brian Ostrum December 2, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Hi Adam,

I absolutely love this idea. I am very ecstatic that you offer this, as I need to help raise funds for a start-up business. Me and my brother-in-law are needing to do something to help out our families and this sounds like an amazing idea to help us get started. We would like to also raise awareness for struggling families with children. We want to help people realize that with a little hard work and dedication you can not only provide for your needs, but you can do something with your life to make an impression on those young impressionable minds! I really hope this is right up your alley and you are able to assist me in this.

Regards,

Brian.

Isaiah November 28, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I would like more information about this booster program. Thank you!

Brenda November 26, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I live in Canada.
Would my swim club be able to particiapate in this fundraiser?

Gerald Paul November 22, 2013 at 10:59 am

I still have not received my email.Can you check into that please?

Adam Levine November 20, 2013 at 11:40 am

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for posting. I have gone ahead and forwarded your request to our Campaign Advisor team, and you should receive an email from them in 24 hrs. Best of luck with your campaign!

Gerald Paul November 20, 2013 at 11:34 am

I have a ministry..http://www.livingwaters738.com/..I would like to see if I could get a full time campaign for my ministry.I want to help the needy..the homeless..but I would love to receive the funds monthly or bi-monthly.I have several people that need help.If I could do this I would love this so much.I have had this on my heart for so long and I have been trying to figure out how to do this.

sincerely
Gerald Paul

Adam Levine November 19, 2013 at 10:03 am

Brendan,

So sorry you hadn’t heard back within the timeframe. I emailed your info to one of our Campaign Advisors and you should hear back within a few hours. Feel free to email campaignadvisors@booster.com if you need more followup.

Best of luck with your campaign!

Brendan November 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm

How long does it take a person to get in contact with me and actually launch the campaign once I submit? I submitted last night and expected to hear back today, since I swear I read “one business day” after clicking submit. I’m kind of antsy to get it all going!

Adam Levine November 14, 2013 at 10:08 am

Hi Annette,

While I’d love to say I came up with the idea, it was a company initiative. But I’m thrilled to hear you like the idea!

I’ll have a Booster Advisor reach out to you to discuss options and how we can help you out.

All the best.

AnnetteClem November 14, 2013 at 12:31 am

Hi Adam,
I just about fell off my chair when I heard about your new campaign. I think that it is an awesome and blessed thing that you are doing! You go, boy!!! I am also in a ministry that focuses on single moms/w children and women trying to get back into society, as well as teaching parenting skills and giving the kids a more positive outlook on life. The real struggle these days, is staying on top of our teens and doing our best to keep them involved in positive things and out of gangs, and drugs, etc. We unfortunately have no funds available either, at the moment, so I am very interested in doing this campaign along with many others, I am sure. This also keeps the teens and their parents busy and get a little family time as well. Please, please, please send me more information< and we can get started. I was thinking of starting something in the spring. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanking you so much in advance for your brilliance, Annette Clem

Adam Levine November 13, 2013 at 9:00 am

Hi Rachelle,

You can design on any product in our offering you’d like, however there are minimums for non-apparel items that you must sell in order to have a successful campaign. I’ll have someone from our Booster Advisor team contact you to provide more info.

Adam Levine November 13, 2013 at 8:59 am

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for visiting. I’ll have someone from our Booster Team contact you today to discuss our options for you.

Rachelle November 12, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Can you make things other than T shirts?

Sarah Moss November 10, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Good day,
My name is Sarah Moss, and I am the minister of Evangelism and Outreach at my home church in The Bahamas. I am responsible for the outreach ministry which consists of helping those that are in need of food, clothing, toiletries, educational and medical assistance, living assistance, guidance, marital and spiritual counselling.

My overall daily mission is to help those who have no consistent means of providing for themselves and their families. With this being said, I want to thank you and your organization for creating an avenue to affect positive change in the lives of others. You and your organization will ALWAYS be blessed!

Would your organization please have someone contact me to further educate me on how I can be assisted in advancing this work effort. Thanking you in advance.

Yours faithfully,
Sarah Moss
Minister of Evangelism and Outreach
Bahamas

Adam Levine November 6, 2013 at 10:04 am

Savannah,

Absolutely. I’ll have a Booster Advisor reach out to you today.

Savannah Fikes November 6, 2013 at 10:00 am

Hello! I was wondering if I could get some information on the program. Our high school is raising money to send the music club to Disney in the spring. Thanks!

Adam Levine November 5, 2013 at 9:34 am

Hi Destiny,

Thanks for visiting. I’m happy to pass along your info to one of our Booster Advisors and hopefully we can help you begin raising money to help your Pitbull cause! Expect an email within the next day or so.

Destiny November 4, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Hi, my name is Destiny and I would like to know more on how this program works.
I want to make a tshirt raising awareness on ending breed specific legislation on pitbulls. They are my favorite breed of dogs. I grew up around them and they are so loyal and sweet and I would hate to see this breed become extinct due to the media. I would like to know if its okay if I saved up this money?

Justin Hunter October 22, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I am in charge of my family’s family reunion t-shirts. I have a custom logo that I want on the shirts and to raise money for our family reunion we want to give everyone the opportunity to pay for their own shirt. I was wondering if this was possible. And lastly do you offer foil printing?

Thanks

Adam Levine October 22, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for visiting. I believe you should be able to create a booster for personal profit as well as for fundraising… But I will pass along your info to one of our Campaign Advisors to get you more info. Expect an email within 24 hrs. Best,
Adam

Shaun Jardon October 22, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I was wondering if it only had to be for raising funds or can it be for personal profit also? Please get back to me. This would be a great way for a low income entrepreneur to get his feet off the ground, Thanks

Bell October 17, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Hi I would like to make tshirts for single moms I am a newly single mom of 3 and you just don’t know how hard it is until it happens to you. That said I want to motivate single moms they are bad ass and I have done so much resurch about any help for me and let me tell you there is not much out there. So I want to make this my life’s goal and raise money to someday open a non profit facility where we can help with child care, finding jobs, food and shelter as well as provide real help through groups of woman who are going thought the same thing. It truly is something I am passionate about. Thanks Bell

Jolicia Miller October 11, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Hi Adam
I don’t know if booster will facilitate my cause, I want to raise funds to support myself true college, you see am an only child and my family is not wealthy. where I come from there is much emphasis place on persons who have a degree or higher but its very expensive to pursue this dream. I would love to learn about how the booster program can help me.
looking forward to your respond

Adam Levine October 8, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Hi Amber,

Thank you for visiting CustomInk. We’ve passed along your info to our Campaign Team at Booster and someone should be in touch with you in a day or so. Best of luck with the fundraising!

Amber Sonny October 7, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Hello,

My name is Amber Sonny I’m part of a P.I. O. (Parent Involvment Organization) group from a very small community of approximately 700 or less and I would Like more information to pass along to our Secetary for this group I’m a parent volunteer and our school, Naa tsis Aan Comunity school is trying to raise 20,000 for 104 students to go to California for exciting and exploring trip to see outside our little community. I would love to have them consider this option to fund raise and add more exciting ideas to encourage our parents to be more involved with this organization.

Amber Sonny

Adam Levine October 2, 2013 at 9:07 am

Hi Caitlin,

I think that’s totally doable. I’m going to pass along your info to one of our Campaign Advisors so they can get you setup. Best of luck!

Caitlin Davies October 1, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Hi I’m Caitlin, I was wondering if I could try and sell shirts or hoodies against bullying. I need to save money to go to a different state to meet the love of my life for the first time!

Adam Levine September 27, 2013 at 9:20 am

Lakota,

Thanks for visiting and commenting! I don’t see why this would be an issue, but I’ll pass along your question to one of our Booster Advisors and they should be in touch shortly. All the best!

lakota September 26, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I don’t have a cause but I a fb book page and I was wondering if you I could do shirt for my page and different things??
Lakota Nix

Adam Levine September 18, 2013 at 9:59 am

Hi Titina,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mom. :( I’ll go ahead and pass along your email address, and info to one of our Booster Campaign Team Members to contact you. You should get a message from them today or tomorrow. Stay strong.

Titina Johnson September 18, 2013 at 9:55 am

Hi,

I would want to know how I would go about raising money for my Mom who is fighting stage 4 lung cancer. This money that I would raise would be to help her be able to pay for her expenses that she has occurred during her diagnoses. She is living entirely off of her social security benefits and also trying to find housing as well.

Titina K. Johnson

Adam Levine September 4, 2013 at 9:45 am

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for visiting!

One of the members of our Booster team should be contacting you later today to discuss the program.

Gustavo Morales II September 4, 2013 at 1:54 am

Hello,
My name is Gustavo, I have an event coming up in a couples of months and I was wondering what I would need in order to raise funds for the high school that I am at. I would love to learn more about how the boosters program works.

Gustavo Morales II

John Jordan Jr August 25, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I would love to speak with a member of the booster team. My nonprofit is really considering this as an option to raise funds and would love to more about the platform, process, and the entire booster program.

John C. Jordan Jr.