The Heroes of Hope Race for Research took place Sunday, November 3, 2013 at Dockweiler State Beach in Los Angeles. We had a spectacular day and our hearts were touched on some many levels... here are just a few.
• Speaking to my husband Rick’s spirit in love, tears, and prayer.
• Celebrating my husband Rick’s birthday in hopes of helping others!
• Meeting our team fund raising goal of $1000.00.
• Taking in the beauty of the pacific coast line which was a spectacular back drop and a beautiful walk.
• Inspired by the warriors who are currently living and battling brain tumors several warriors participated in the walk, some with canes, some with wheel chairs and some so young our hearts broke.
• Praying for the warriors and their families that they beat the tremendous risk of death.
• Hearing the stories and honoring the memories of loved ones who are no longer here.
• Watching my daughter Gina honor her Dad’s memory as she wrote his name on the Loving memory banner as tears fell from her husband's Ryan's eyes.
• A conversation between my son Little Rick and a bike medic when the medic asked which one of the team members was Big Rick.
Big Rick 57 was written on the back of our shirts."
- Team Big Rick (Nov 04, 2013)