A Message From Marc Katz, CustomInk Co-founder & President

by Jeff Gregory

in Around The Office,CustomInk News

Marc KatzDear Customers,

Since 2000, we’ve loved helping our customers create over 25 million awesome custom t-shirts! Today, I’m excited to introduce the new face of CustomInk.

Meet Inky, the CustomInk octopus, tireless champion of custom t-shirts and their power to bring people together. They can turn a group into a team, elevate a gathering to an event, or make a special moment more… well, momentous. That’s why we care so much about your orders and have coined the slogan: T-shirts Unite!™

Our internal mascot for years, Inky is now ready for prime time. Fun yet professional, we know this little guy will do us proud. Visit the new CustomInk.com to see Inky in his natural habitat, along with two great additions:

• An Online Sign-Up Sheet that makes it easy to collect sizes from your group.
  • Thousands of exclusive CSA™ images added to our library. (From renowned designer Charles S. Anderson.)

You’ll be glad to know a lot hasn’t changed. We still have the same fun & easy Design Lab and high-quality products. And we’re still the same service-obsessed Inkers – as fanatical as ever about delivering your order perfect and on-time!

You keep creating amazing custom t-shirts, and we’ll keep working to make them easier, better, and faster.

T-shirts Unite!
Marc Katz

P.S. If you’re the curious type, check out this video about Inky’s origins, as told by our design partner, Charles S. Anderson.

About the Author - Jeff Gregory

Jeff Gregory helps customers find what they need in search engines and loves writing blog posts that help people enjoy life. Follow Jeff on Google+.

Adam Levine May 30, 2014 at 7:38 am

Hi Melody,

I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with your last experience with CustomInk. From my prior work in Sales/Service, content issues can be tricky because of Trademarks and Copyrights. I am sure we are trying to make sure we do not violate any Trademark Laws, but can see how this can be frustrating for you. I have reached out to one of the Managers in our Service Department who should be in touch shortly. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Melody Sumpter May 29, 2014 at 10:41 am

My first experience with Custom Ink was wonderful, however my second experience was the absolute WORSE and I will never use Custom Ink again. I have shared my story with several people who agree that Custom Ink did our team very wrong. I worked with various customer service representatives at Custom Ink for more than 5 weeks to come up with a color of shirt and the use of our design that worked best, however once I placed my $650.00 plus order I was told that Custom Ink could not print the shirts because someone else had the same logo. Now keep in mind I had previously placed an order using the same logo just 4 months prior in the amount of $900.00. When I questioned why the design could be used just 4 months prior I was told that “our quality control must have missed it”!! That is not my fault and the design was NOT exactly the same. I inquired about slightly changing out logo so we could get the order going and was told NO. This is not how to operate a business, nor have a returning customer. I sincerely hope that someone in the upper level of management, more specifically Marc Katz hears of this situation and addresses it. Thanks, Melody Sumpter

Ben Lynch May 22, 2014 at 2:05 pm

To Marc Katz, Jeff Gregory, or anyone else high enough up the food chain at CustomInk to have any level of authority:

Give your ‘T-Shirt Ambassador,’ Bethiny Stark, a raise and/or promotion. She was enormously friendly, helpful, and kind while maintaining all professionalism.

Assuming my order is processed as it should be and as it seems it will be, she has secured the future business of the church at which I work for a long, long time.

Cheers,
Ben Lynch
Associate Pastor for Youth & Young Adults
1st Presbyterian Church Pensacola, FL

Adam Levine May 13, 2014 at 10:35 am

Kristin,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience and that we did not meet the guarantee we promised. I am going to pass your note along to one of our managers in our Sales/Service department and see what was else we can do to rectify the situation. If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at alevine@customink.com. Again, I apologize sincerely for not meeting your expectations.

Best,
Adam

Kristin O May 7, 2014 at 9:28 pm

I think it’s a terrible promise and a misalignment of strategy to have a guarantee which is in words only. Why “guarantee” a delivery date and then not meet it only to send another email with a different date (which is past the event date ) with the exact same message and “guarantee”. What is the gurantee? To not have the items you you were “guaranteed” and to get $25 towards another purchase? I’m sure 12 kids aged 4,5, and 6 will think that’s awesome when they are the only kids at opening day baseball ceremonies and pictures without their [baseball] hats. But as your rep said, “it’s the shirts that matter, the hats are just extra.”

Faigy April 30, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Hi,

id like to just take a moment and thank custom ink for their amazing above and beyond customer service.

I had a few mix ups that had to be taken care of and was assisted by Secret, and Mike Lavender and they were both helpful, courteous and professional!

I cant wait to get my order and am already happy even before it arrived!

I will most probably be using custom ink again! keep up the good work!!

Adam Levine March 4, 2014 at 10:23 am

Hannah,

So glad to hear it. Thanks for giving us another chance. I am delighted to know we won your business back. Take care and thanks for using CustomInk!

Hannah March 4, 2014 at 9:41 am

Just wanted to provide an update. The customer service team bent over backwards to fix my concerns/issues. I am looking to place 2 more orders in the near future and started looking elsewhere. With the service and quality CustomInk provided I will make all my future orders with CustomInk… GREAT JOB!

Adam Levine February 27, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Jose,

I passed along your questions to our sales/service team. You should receive an email later today. Thanks for visiting!

Jose Belem February 26, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Product Gildan Ulta cotton Long Sleeve T-Shirt

Questions:
1. With shirt laided flat what is the Width of the Small and Medium?

2. What is the length from the front collar to hemline?

3. Can you print words in different colors?

Thanks

Adam Levine February 26, 2014 at 9:28 am

Hannah,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you have experienced.

I have passed along your information to a manager in our Sales/Service department, and someone should be contacting you today. All the best.

hannah Klaubo February 25, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I am a bit frustrated with the order I received. First off the ordering process could not be easier. Great Job!!

The frustration set in when I received my order. I ordered shirts for my high school softball team. I provided the design I wanted. I was sent back an example of how the shirts would look and for my approval. The front of the shirts had the correct design and the back of the shirt had a double zero for the number. I approved the design and the order was fullifilled. When I received the shirts the front is great but the back of the shirt has a zero in front of the number. When I placed my order with the numbers I did not provide a zero in front of the numbers. When I emailed customer service I was informed that I approved the design as it was sent and that the number that example that was approved had 00 so each single digit ended up with a 0. While I did approve the example design how would I know that each single digit would have a zero in front based off of the example of 00 which is a normal number? The resolution for me was to repurchase the shirts in question at a 30% discount. Can someone please help me?

Adam Levine December 23, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Hi Candice,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you and your son had on the phone with our rep. I’m sure after taking the time to design the sweatshirt and running into the issue with the minimum order, being hung up on must have been extremely frustrating and disappointing for both of you especially since the shirt is for someone so special.

I reached out to the head of our Sales Department and am having someone contact you via email today. I am almost certain we’ll do everything we can to help you guys out. Again I’m so sorry for the poor experience you had and we’ll do everything we can to find a solution.

Please have a wonderful holiday and happy new year. If there’s anything else we can do, please feel free to email me directly at alevine@customink.com.

candice lenkowsky December 21, 2013 at 11:20 am

My sons enjoy making their own shirts on your site and save their allowance to be able to do so. Today, my 7 year old son was so excited to design his own sweatshirt after saving for months. The sweatshirt with the pink ribbon logo he designed was in honor of his grandmother who was diagnosed with breast cancer. After designing his shirt, he attempted to order and found there was a 6 shirt minimum. He asked if I could help and I encouraged him to call your customer service and explain the issue to see if there was another type of shirt without a minimum. In his most polite voice, with me right by his side, he called and explained the problem to your customer service rep who answered the call. before he could finish explaining, your rep hung up on him. He was crushed, and so was I. I want to bring this unfortunate experience to your attention.

Adam Levine June 26, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for posting. Many CustomInk orders are printed at screen printing facilities located all across the United States — all of which are within our selective printer network.

If you know someone at a screen print shop that would like to apply to join the CustomInk network, please feel free to email service@customink.com and they can point you in the right direction.

Vicky June 26, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I noticed that my order will be delivered today via the tracking link I received and saw that it was shipped from Arlington Texas. Does your company use/outsource some of your orders to other printing companies?

Adam Levine June 4, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Hi Diane,

Thanks for letting us know. I’m very sorry about the issue with the tee. I will pass along your issue to our service team and they should be in contact ASAP.

Diane McClain June 1, 2013 at 10:45 am

Shirt again was awesome as usual. Only problem was with my shirt. Both my design and receipt said Hanes Her Way Ladies T-shirt – White but what I received was Hanes Comfort Soft I did not even see Hanes Comfort Soft in your selections. Hanes comfort soft is just a little too big and doesn’t fit right. First time I didn’t get the right shirt Other than than shirt was great.

Joel May 24, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Just got a call from a Custom Ink rep saying that our shirts we ordered with “guaranteed delivery” by May 25th will not be shipped due to not getting the shirts from the manufacturer in time for printing. The new ship date is May 30th. We were planning a big event for this Sunday, May 26th, which is why we paid for the rush shipping! Yes, they told us that they would refund the rush fee, but it doesn’t make up for ruining the weekend. We would have taken a plain t-shirt with the logo for now just to have something in hand for the event Sunday, but they said that couldn’t happen either. Very disappointing after such a great experience on our first Custom Ink order a couple of months ago.

Adam Levine January 25, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Hi Ms. Braesch,

I’m so sorry that your t-shirt had a flaw in it, especially since it was a gift. That really stinks. :(

I went ahead and passed along your information to one of the managers on the service team and she should be contacting you today. Her name is Jessie and will do everything she can to fix the situation.

Again my apologies. We’ll get this sorted out for you ASAP.
-Adam

S. Braesch January 24, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Very unhappy with the quality of the shirt I received. There was a distinct faded area on the shirt where the imprint was applied. When I called to let them know they didn’t seem to care and told me to wash the shirt. How can I wash it when it’s a gift!!!

nadia December 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm

very good

Adam September 25, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Kim,

Thanks for visiting. Please email service@customink.com or give one of our t-shirt ambassadors a call at 800-293-4232, and they’ll be happy to help you find ways to save money.

Thanks so much! We look forward to working with you.

Kim September 25, 2012 at 2:41 am

I recently designed a shirt on your website, but the price is a bit much since I am trying to fundraise for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Team In Training. Can you offer me any discounts or freebies for the good of the cause? Please advise.

Thank you!

Adam Levine August 21, 2012 at 10:11 am

Hi Kate,

Thank you for visiting CustomInk. I would encourage you to continue applying for any jobs you are interested in via our jobs page on the site: http://www.customink.com/about/jobs/openings . Perhaps sending an email to alljobs@customink.com wouldn’t hurt either. I wish I could offer more, but I am not in the HR department and do not have input on any of those decisions. Best of luck.

Kate August 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Hello Adam -

I have filled out a few applications for sales and service. I am dedicated, diligent and extremely prompt in my replies and coorespondence with customers. Excellent virtues in a employee. I would love an opportunity to interview since I have the qualifications suited for this position.

Adam Levine August 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Hi Adrian,

Please email me at alevine@customink.com with your idea and I will pass along your message to the appropriate person.

Thanks,
-Adam

Adrian Porter August 13, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Adam,

I have tried to contact Mr. Brosenbaum for a partnership. I have filled out the vendor application and have yet to receive a response. I have a great idea and with your actory and logistics we can create a great product. My question is, is there anyway possible to contact Mr. Katz or Mr. Christensen themselves? Please contact at your best conveniece

Adam Levine July 12, 2012 at 12:17 pm

John,

We appreciate your candid feedback. I will pass on your praise to Brittany.

Ideally we’d like to help with any and all requests that come through — as I’m sure Brittany mentioned, but sometimes it’s just not feasible. If there is anything else you’re curious about, or want to check on please let us know.

Best,
-Adam

John July 11, 2012 at 11:02 pm

My request for online orders to be placed automatically from another web site didn’t fit your business model and your representative (Brittany) was able to say ‘no’ with great aplomb. Recognition for knowing what works and empowering your employees to make such decisions is rare. Even more scarce is front line customer care able to carry this out so pleasantly.

Kudos,
John

Adam Levine June 26, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Sure thing Andrew, you have been added.

ANDREW June 22, 2012 at 11:05 pm

PUT MY NAME ON YOUR EMAIL LIST

Adam Levine May 17, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Hi Leann,

I think I found your sign up sheet. I’m going to email it to you. Let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll have one of our sales/service representatives help you out.

-Adam

Leeann May 16, 2012 at 12:42 am

Hi! I was so thrilled to see a “sign up” sheet link to post. This make my task of ordering shirts SO much easier BUT I cannot access the sheet! I could through a link in an email but nowi cannot find the email…..shouldn’t there be a way to log in to view this sheet?????
Thanks in advanced
Leeann

alevine February 9, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Angela,

Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! I will pass along your feedback to Sarah, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do. We are always looking for ways to improve and make our customers’ experiences better.

We look forward to wowing you again soon. :)

-Adam

Angela Chen February 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Just wanted to give you a heads up with what a great sales staff you have. Sarah Rittle was courteous, professional and great to work with.
I have used CafePress in the past and definitely am now a CustomInk convert and future repeat customer.

Congrats on building a great company.
Angela