Funny Running Team Names for Your Running Club or Group

in Team Names

Looking for a funny or clever team name to add to your running team t-shirts? Whether it’s for your next 5k or full marathon, we’ve got some great team names to inspire you. You can even pick one of these and start designing running t-shirts today!

Funny & Creative Running Team Names

We Got the Runs

It Hurts So Good

Happy Feet

Call Me A Cab

Twisted Blisters

Susan August 30, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Hi, we are running in the biggest loser 1/2 marathon in Dec. 28 2014 at Panama City beach. We need help with a name. Can you give us any ideas?

Adam Levine April 15, 2014 at 10:50 am

Hey Veronica,

We stopped taking individual requests for team names since we couldn’t handle the demand, but we recently had a bunch of SLPs ask for some names too so I’ll send you some of the ones I sent them. Look for an email from me in a day or so. Have fun at the race!

Veronica April 14, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Hi!
My friends and I will be participating in a color run and are stuck!! We are all speech language pathologists/therapists. Thanks for your help!!

Ang March 27, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I see you are no longer coming up with team names,,, but how about helping with a shirt design for yall to print? We’ve got a Tough Mudder team of mostly police officers we’ve named “Five Uh-oh”. Something with a police badge would be cool or a funny saying or something. If you can help, that would be great.

Adam Levine February 24, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Due to the overwhelming response for personalized team name requests in the comments section below, we are unable to fulfill requests going forward. While it was something we quite enjoyed doing, we no longer have the manpower to devote to it. We thank you for the outstanding response and hope you find inspiration in the names above and encourage the community of commenters to help one another find great names for their teams.

Adam Levine February 24, 2014 at 9:05 am

Hi Brandi,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. As I’ve mentioned in the comment thread, we have been receiving a significantly high number of team name requests over the last few weeks, so it is going to be until early March that I can get back to you. Expect an email from me by then.

Adam Levine February 24, 2014 at 8:55 am

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk and requesting a team name. Due to an increased demand for custom team names, we are unable to get back to you until early March. So expect an email from me then. All the best.

Adam Levine February 19, 2014 at 10:36 am

Hey Becky,

Happy to help. As noted in previous comments, we’re kind of slammed with team name requests at the moment, so expect a response from me by early next week. All the best!

Adam Levine February 19, 2014 at 10:33 am

Hi Trish,

Thanks so much for visiting CustomInk. We are kind of slammed with team name requests at the moment, but I’ll try and get one to you by the end of the week.

Brandi February 19, 2014 at 9:43 am

Adam,
I am trying to come up with a name for our color vibe team. I want something to do with wine if you can help!!!
Thanks!!

Adam Levine February 18, 2014 at 9:44 am

Joanna,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. We’ve had an influx of team name requests lately, so I’ll send you a few ideas by the end of this week.

Adam Levine February 13, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Hi Brianne,

Thanks so much for visiting CustomInk. Due to a recent influx in team name requests, the turnaround on getting personalized names has increased to about a week and a half. I will try to get you a name by the end of next week, but If that is not soon enough, I suggest you check out the Electric/Glow Run Team Names post I wrote several months ago for inspiration.

Adam Levine February 13, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Jackie,

Expect an email from me by early next week. Thanks for reaching out.

Adam Levine February 13, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. Due to a recent influx in team name requests, the turnaround on getting personalized names has increased to about a week and a half. I will try to get you a name by next Monday. If that is not soon enough, I suggest you check out the Color Run Team Names I wrote for more name ideas.

Jessica David February 12, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Hi Adam,

I have put a relay team together for the Colfax Marathon here in Denver. We are five ladies who are having a heck of a time trying to come up with a fun name for our team. We are simply doing this race for fun, so any quirky, funny names would be great!

Thank you!!
Jessica

Jackie February 11, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Hi Adam,
About 15 of us will be running a 5K obstacle course in Raleigh called the ninja challenge. I have gathered my teenage daughters and some of their friends, (16-19 year olds), neighbors and parents of some of the teens. This is all for fun, but we don’t all have something in common, except me! Coming up with sappy team names, but you gotta be COOL with teens, or they’ll jump ship! Can you help with suggestions?

Thank you!
Jackie

Becky February 10, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Hi! A group of 6 women (ages 32-37) that I am teaming up with to run a half Marathon with in June 2014 in Duluth, MN. We spend a lot of time running trails and balancing careers & families and when we asked our kids about team names we ultimately cannot muster up a funny one! Clever is better, you have any ideas? check out the qualifying marathon at http://grandmasmarathon.com/
Thanks!
Becky

Joanna L. February 10, 2014 at 7:49 am

We are searching for a name for the Marine Corps Marathon. We are signing up Wednesday, we want it to be fun. We will be fundraising for a charity that supports our Armed Forces. Less than 10 of us all women but we all have or had family in the service. Any help?

Trish February 9, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Having some trouble coming up with a team name we are creating a team for relay for life.. I am having one heck of a time coming up with some thing… I want it to be fun but mean something my dad and I are both on the team and we are both cancer survivors. I you could help me that would be great!

Thanks,
Trish

Brianne Henderson February 9, 2014 at 4:20 pm

My friends and I are running our first 5K and it is a neon vibe night glow run. We would like some ideas that are very clever that people haven’t used before. Do you have any ideas?

Jackie February 9, 2014 at 12:16 am

Hey there! I’m a PE Teacher at a Title 1 school but wanting to start a running club for the kiddies next fall when school starts. We need to raise money for the kids to cover any costs of possible local races for them, or if shoes, socks, etc are needed. So my principal and I think hosting a 5k in May would be a great way to begin building our fund. Was needing a catchy name for the race. Our school is Austinville Elementary and we are in Decatur, Alabama. Also, while the wheels are turning, would you please think of a cute name to call the running club for the kids. Anything you can come up with, would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks so much!
Jackie Lovett

Michelle February 7, 2014 at 2:37 pm

We’re a wine club with a reading problem about to run our first 5k (The color run) as a group – in honor of a member who is moving away and can’t participate – we’d like a funny name for our group. Can you help?

Adam Levine February 5, 2014 at 9:46 am

Candace,

Silly/Goofy names are my specialty. :) I’ll send you an email with some ideas by Monday next week. All the best,

Candace S, February 5, 2014 at 8:51 am

We have a team doing our very FIRST 5k- The Color Run!! We work at a local health department and would like to incorporate that in our team name, we’re leaning to silly/goofy names…any ideas would be so helpful!! Thanks! Candace

Adam Levine February 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Ashley,

Sounds like a great double date! I’ll email you some team name ideas by Friday this week.

Adam Levine February 3, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Akia,

Very cool. I’m sure I can think of something nerdy. I’ll email you some ideas by Thursday or Friday this week.

Adam Levine February 3, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Alicia,

That sounds awesome! And thank you for the compliment. I def try hard to find creative team names and think of some on my own. It’s been a lot of fun. I’ll send you an email by Thursday this week. All the best and thanks for reaching out!

Ashley February 1, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Looking for a clever team name for four people (2 married couples with kids)…. running a 5 k together… just the parents… any ideas?

Akia February 1, 2014 at 10:56 am

Hello! There are four of us girls running the Color Run, and we were hoping for a nerdy or witty name. We are in highschool and all were in AC. We also are all bookworms. We have no idea what our name should be, and any help would be appreciated!

Alicia Aguilar January 30, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Hi Adam,

I need your help please. I am going to be doing the Hit or Run 5K run which is like the Wipeout Gameshow. Can you please help me come up with a team name. I was going to use We got the Runs, but they already used it. If you can please email some of the ideas you come up with. .

Thank you so much!

Ps..
Love the team names you come up with :D

Adam Levine January 23, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for visiting. Let me see what I can come up with. I’ll email you by Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Cheers!

Kerry January 23, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Having a 5K walk/run and kids fun run in March to benefit Magical Memories (a 501c3 non profit for children with life threatening and terminal illnesses and disabilites) The run in in Pa so just the start of spring (still could be cold) Need a catchy name/phase to get this off the ground. can you help?

Adam Levine January 22, 2014 at 10:47 am

Katherine,

Very fun! I’ll send you some ideas in the next few days. :)

Katherine January 22, 2014 at 10:43 am

Hello,
A huge group of me and my graduate school peers are signing up for the color run in Michigan this June, we are all going to be future speech language pathologists and are looking for a fun and creative name for our team, could really use some creative help :)
Thanks Everyone

Adam Levine January 22, 2014 at 10:03 am

Frejya,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. Give me a couple days and I’ll email over some ideas to you.

Frejya January 21, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Hi there-

My staff and I will be participating in the upcoming Color Vibe fun run. We would like to have a fun/catchy/cool name for our team. We are a chiropractic clinic so I know we can come up with SOMETHING great! Please share your thoughts…thanks so much!

Adam Levine January 20, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Tabitha,

Glad to hear it. Give me a day or so and I’ll email you some team name ideas for your MOPS group. :) Be in touch soon.

Tabitha Kelly January 18, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Hi Adam! These are great! I am working on a team for the color run for my MOPS group (Mothers of preschoolers) any ideas you couls help me with for a funny team name? Tanks in advance! Tabitha

Adam Levine January 16, 2014 at 9:41 am

Ali,

Sure thing. I should be able to work with that. I’ll email you by Monday at the latest with some team name ideas. All the best,

Adam Levine January 16, 2014 at 9:40 am

Jenn,

Happy to help, give me a few days and I’ll send you some name ideas. :)

Ali January 15, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Hello!!! I am needing a name for our color run team…. Our business is named ” fit one” so we need to incorporate that in somewhere but we can’t think of anything funny or cute or … Anything!! Help!

Jenn January 15, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Hi Adam! I am getting a team together for America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk and I am completely stuck for a name! It is a group of guys and girls with basically everything in common. Please help!

Adam Levine January 6, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Hey Felicia,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk.

Never heard of a neon splash run. Sounds fun! Let me see what I can come up with and I’ll email you some ideas in the next day or so.

All the best,

Adam Levine January 6, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Tina,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. Sorry for the delay. I was away on vacation.

But I’ll have a couple team names to you in the next day or so. All the best.

Felicia January 2, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Hi Adam,
I need a team name for the neon splash run and i cant think of any that I could use for a team that has guys and girls. Any ideas?

tina rodriguez December 29, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Hi. I need a name for our first family run. There are 5 of us and our last name is Rodriguez. Can you help?

Adam Levine December 18, 2013 at 11:06 am

Kim,

Very cool! What a great Christmas gift. :)

Since we’ve received an influx of requests in the last few days, give me 48 hrs and I’ll have some ideas for you guys. Thanks!

Adam Levine December 18, 2013 at 11:05 am

Hi Cabulity,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. Krakatau Volcano eh? Wow that’s in Indonesia. Wild. Let me see what I can come up with. Give me a couple days and I’ll have some name ideas for you. All the best.

Kim December 17, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Hi,
For Christmas, I signed my sister up for her first 4 mile mud run in April. We will be running alongside my best friend and her mom. All of us, minus my sister, will have a half marathon under our belt. Can you come up with a cute/clever team name for us?

Thanks, KIm

cabulity December 17, 2013 at 10:37 pm

hi, i need a team name for my office running club. but we dont want to use our company name for the club.
we work in a steelworks company, the town is known for our steelworks and krakatau volcano.
when we run..we look like smurf gang because we use blue tees often and its the color of our company. lol… any thought of names?

Cabulity

Adam Levine December 17, 2013 at 11:08 am

Carrie,

Sounds like fun! I’m happy to help you out. I’ll send you an email with some ideas in the next 24-48 hours.

Carrie Brooks December 16, 2013 at 10:21 am

My girlfriends and I are doing a 5k Mud Run in April. All 3 of us work at Walmart. Do you have any team name ideas for us?

Adam Levine December 12, 2013 at 10:58 am

Teigan,

Thanks. I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed them. Sounds like fun! I think you guys will look quite awesome at the race. Let me try and come up with a few ideas for you and I’ll email them over by Friday. I appreciate all the details. :)

Teigan December 11, 2013 at 11:10 am

I love your team names! I’m Maid of Honor in my best friend’s wedding in October and a bunch of the wedding party is doing a wedding themed Color Me Rad 5k complete with red and gold tutus (the wedding colors of course) and shirts for who we are in the wedding party! The bride and groom are Jenni and John. Do you have any fun names that could come in handy and could tie into the wedding theme? :) thanks!

Adam Levine December 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Lindsay,

Let me see what I can come up with. I’ll email you in the next 24 hours.

Lindsay December 6, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Any funny team name ideas for a commercial real estate firm running a 5K?

Adam Levine December 2, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Donna,

Haha, Thanks for the compliment. I’ll see what I can come up with for your team. Look for an email from me in less than 24 hours. All the best.

Donna December 1, 2013 at 11:07 am

My daughter and her best friend who both have a Juvenile form of arthritis are trying to think of a cool team name for the 2013 Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis. We are in a time crunch. Can you work your magic?

Adam Levine November 22, 2013 at 9:56 am

Karlie,

Let me see what I can come up with. I’ll try and get you some ideas by the end of the day. Look for an email from me soon.

Karlie November 20, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Hi Adam,

We have a group registering to run in the 24 Hour Relay for the kids this year. Our team is a big mix of men and women, made up of family, coworkers, students, and friends. Do you have any clever ideas for us?

Appreciate your help!

Karlie

Adam Levine November 18, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Hi Tiffany,

I’m happy to help you out! Give me a day or so and I’ll email a few witty team names for your massage therapy group over.

Tiffany November 14, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I’d like some help with a witty name for our team. Myself and a handfull of other students and teachers at a massage therapy school are starting to run together. We’re looking for something fun/witty to call our group that has to do with our field of work. Any suggestions?

Adam Levine November 14, 2013 at 10:09 am

Hi Tyana,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. For sure! I’ll have some name ideas to you later today or tomorrow.

Best regards.

Tyana November 12, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Hi there, I ‘m on an all girls running team and we are running a 10K and would like a really funny/clever team name, could you help us out?

Thanks! :)

Adam Levine October 31, 2013 at 9:51 am

Kelly,

Thanks for visiting. Let me see what I can come up with. If you’re looking for a design, I may have to put you in touch with one of our t-shirt ambassadors since I’m not the best artist. In the mean time I’ll send you some team name ideas. Expect an email from me in a day or so.

Kelly October 29, 2013 at 10:58 am

Hi Adam,
ny
My sister and I are running in our 4th half marathon next month. We also ran two tough mudders together. I live in PA and she in MA. So we train apart but come together for events. We are trying to come up with something for a tshirt. Any ideas would be great!

Adam Levine October 18, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Hey Michelle,

Dogs in a 5k?! And it’s for pet cancer research? Very cool stuff! I’m happy to help. I’ll send you a few ideas in the next couple days.

Adam Levine October 18, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Jeri,

Thanks for visiting. I will send you a couple ideas in the next day or so. :)

Michelle October 17, 2013 at 3:04 pm

My friends and I are running a 5k in a few weeks with our dogs to raise money for pet cancer research and we need a team name. I was hoping you could give me a few ideas! Thanks :)

Jeri Reeder October 14, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I’m signing up for a 5k with 2 friends and my dad. We’re all girls (except for my dad, of course ;)) Any ideas for team names?

Adam Levine October 9, 2013 at 9:21 am

Hi Breann,

Happy to help! A 5k each month? Very ambitious. :)

I’ll send over some ideas to you in the next day or so. Best, Adam

Breann October 8, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Help! We need a clever/cute 5k Club name. We are all teachers in the same school district (the group ranges from elementary to high school teachers) and have decided to run a 5K each month. So far it is all girls (but not sure about the future, guys may join). We want to make shirts so we would like a name to use on the shirts and to register as a team for different races. There are 6-8 of us so far! You would think as teachers we would be creative enough to think of our own, but we are struggling!

Adam Levine September 23, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Lauren,

I just sent over a few ideas to your email. Let us know what you think and if there’s anything else we can do to help!

Tedi Jolley September 23, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Looking for a name for our running group of 10. 9 females and 1 guy!
Want something catchy…going to run a half marathon in February!

Lauren September 19, 2013 at 8:31 pm

HI!
So here is the store I have recently made a big change in my life(lost 130 lbs) and I did a lot of it by running. Now some of my family wants me to a run with them, I finally agreed (I hate running btw) but any-who and I told them that I get to design the shirts if I agree to running but now its not just our family in our group and my uncle who started this whole thing wanted to use the initials of our 3 oldest family members initials are: R, A, M…not much to work with or he wanted to use our old famliy name Zinoni but like I said there is other people who are in our group who are not in the fam so I don’t think they want to wear that. So I was looking for something funny I need help badly! lol It’s a mix of ages from 20-50 years that are running.

Adam Levine September 17, 2013 at 10:02 am

Shilo,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. I’m happy to help you and your running group come up with a great team name.

Give me a couple days and I’ll send some ideas your way via email.

All the best!

Adam Levine September 17, 2013 at 9:47 am

Hi Maria,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk!

I’ll email you later today to get some more information about your team to help find you a great name. Be in touch soon.

Shilo September 15, 2013 at 3:56 am

I see you are pretty creative maybe you can helpe too. I am starting a running group in my area. The group is mostly moms. I’d love a name that looks great on a shirt and maybe gets a smile too. I’ve got moms with grown kids all the way down to still in the oven. So far I’m at 12 moms and growing!
I’ve thought of the name EMRG (Emerge) as:
Edmonds Moms Running Group but I was hoping you might have more inspiring ideas.
Both inspiring and hilarious ideas are welcome and appreciated. I’ll let the team choose the name!!
Thanks for your brainstorming consideration!!

Maria September 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

Hey

We are a team that has a run in 2 weeks and we would really like to have an awesome name.

If this is something you can help us with, it’d be awesome!

Btw, it is so cool that you do this.

Thanks for your help

Maria

Adam Levine September 9, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Jen,

I’ve never heard of the Urbanthlon. Looks very cool!

I’ll get you a couple team names in the next 48 hrs. I’ll try and get a couple politically incorrect names in there too. :P

Adam Levine September 9, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Becky,

So sorry abut your sister. It’s great you’re running in Carol’s memory, and we’d love to help you come up with a team name.

I’ll send you some ideas in 1-2 days. All the best.

Jen September 9, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Hey Adam

I’m running the Urbanthlon with two friends in Chicago next month. Any team name suggestions? We’re open to being politically incorrect.

Thanks!

Becky September 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Hi Adam,
I just found your website. It’s awesome. I am the wife of a dentist and our office is going to run in the local Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Race. My sister passed away form this horrible disease and we will be running in her Memory. Can you help us come up with a name? Oh and my sister’s name was Carol
Thanks,

Becky

Adam Levine September 6, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Hi Dawn,

So sorry about your coworker. :(

That’s awesome you’re running in his honor though — good for you guys! I’ll try and get you something before the weekend is out. Expect an email from me soon.

Dawn September 6, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Hi Adam,

Would love your help, we are a Solar Company that is doing a Warrior Dash on the 21st of this month ( I know last minute) with about 22 of our employees/family members participating. We have been procrastinating on coming up with a team name because one of our employee very unexpectedly two weeks ago found out he has cancer and has had surgery and just begun very aggressive chemotherapy. ALL of us here have been dealing with and trying to be there as much as we can for him. Being a small very close nit company we would like to dedicate this race to him and come up with a team name in his honor. Would LOVE any ideas from you… We know it would mean the world to him and his family… His name is Dwayne :) Thank you so much Adam!

Adam Levine September 6, 2013 at 10:24 am

Hi Mara,

I’d be happy to help out. Give me a couple days and I’ll try and come up with a few cute name ideas for ya. :)

Mara Sigales September 5, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Hi there, We are a dental office that will be running for a local charity. Any suggestions on a cute name for our team?

Elise August 16, 2013 at 2:23 pm

These are fantastic. Made me chuckle more than once. :)

Adam Levine August 14, 2013 at 11:01 am

Pam,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk.

Turns out I did a related post for Asthma Walks… Check out some of the names here:

Let me know what you think of those – and if you need some other ideas, please let me know as well.

Leslie Harmon August 13, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Hi Adam! I work for a pharmaceutical manufacturing company and we’re running a marathon relay in a few months. Having a hard time coming up with a name. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Pam August 12, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I’m looking for some idea’s on a team name for Lung Cancer Awareness. The run is called Free to Breathe. Any suggestions would be great!

Adam Levine August 12, 2013 at 10:18 am

Hi Katie,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. Let me see what I can come up with for you guys. Give me a day or so and I’ll email you some ideas!

Katie August 11, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Hey! I’ll be running in the Color Run next month with coworkers and we are looking for a good team name. We work in surgery at our local hospital-Comanche County Memorial Hospital. We are made up of nurses and scrub techs. Thanks in advance!

Adam Levine August 6, 2013 at 9:41 am

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry for not being able to respond to your requests for team names & sayings for the past few weeks. I recently had a baby and was out on paternity leave. But I’ll follow up with each and every one of you to see if you still need names.

Thanks for your patience!
-Adam

Stacie July 26, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Hey Adam,
I have a good one for you….. we are running a “Hometown Heroes” 5 K in October and a group of Police officer’s wives are running. Been trying to come up with something good but maybe you can help us?

S July 12, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I’m running a half marathon on my 30th birthday. Any suggestions on funny/ witty design/ saying for a race day shirt? Thanks!

Brianna July 9, 2013 at 3:57 pm

My team is using We Got the Runs at our local Color Me Rad in September.

A few of your other team names have been used as well.

So creative and funny!!

Jamie June 30, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Hey I need a team name for a marathon relay with my sister and 2 neices.

Adam Levine June 18, 2013 at 10:48 am

Hi Jennifer,

Your race sounds like fun! And so far I like your names a lot. But I’ll try and get you some more ideas by tomorrow. Best regards.

Jeniffer June 18, 2013 at 2:25 am

I am doing my 1st 5k in (Color Vibe) July and our team name is: Color Me a Cab

I have found a great team of 99.8% moms in early 30′s / late 20′s…. The 5k will be in September and it is a Foam Fun obstical…….. Any thought of names for us??? I was thinking Babes from the 80′s , The Badass ballarena’s or maybe we can all dress up as female superheroes…wonder women! Cat women!super women, ext. I would like to find costumes to match our names.

Jeniffer

Adam Levine June 14, 2013 at 10:35 am

Hey Jill,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. The Butte to Butte, eh? Very funny. I should be able to get you a name later today, so keep an eye on your email!

Jill June 11, 2013 at 2:28 pm

We have a team running the Butte to Butte 10k in Eugene, OR on July 4. We consist of a dad and his son and daughter from NV, his brother from WA, and best buddy from OR. Need a playful name that ties us all together. Thanks! -J p.s. I’m walking the 5k with my mom-in-law. :)

Adam Levine June 11, 2013 at 10:35 am

Nichole,

Wow, that sounds like a pretty awesome bday. I’ll send you over a few name ideas later today. :)

Adam Levine June 11, 2013 at 10:31 am

Hi Chrissy,

Thanks so much for visiting CustomInk. I’m sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she feels better soon. We’ve actually put together a new blog post for electric and glow run team names, which sounds to me like the one you’re participating in. Also, I’ll email a few ideas with and without an owl theme. Give me a day or two. All the best.

Adam Levine June 11, 2013 at 10:28 am

Hi Becky,

That’s awesome that you’re starting a program at your school. I’ll try and find something gritty that will work for you. Expect an email from me in a day or so.

Adam Levine June 11, 2013 at 10:27 am

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! I’d be happy to help. Wok and Roll is a good name, but I’ll see if I can come up with a few others for ya. I should be able to get back to your within 24 hrs.

Chrissy June 11, 2013 at 7:11 am

Doing my first 5k with my daughter who recently was very ill looking for a great team name and totally stumped….it’s the night run in Philly with the neon lights. My daughter loves owls not sure if we can work that into the name. Thanks!

Jade June 8, 2013 at 11:30 pm

A bunch of other moms, and I are doing a run called the 5k Color Run in September in Orlando, FL. We are having a hard time coming up with a name for our team. If you have any advice for a name that would be wonderful. Thanks

Becky June 8, 2013 at 8:54 am

We are starting an after school running program at an inner city school and are looking for a gritty hard core name for our club. I love your ideas and look forward to hearing some suggestions, school appropriate of course.:-)

Stacey S. June 7, 2013 at 8:58 pm

We’re a group of Half and full marathon runners for the Rock and Roll in Savannah Georgia looking for a team name. I don’t know why but the restaurant Wok and Roll comes to mind and having something to do with Sushi although we’re open to anything!! Can you help?! Thank you!

Nichole Negrete June 7, 2013 at 1:16 am

Doing the Neon Splash Dash for my 34th birthday with a group of about 30. Looking for a fun birthday related team name. We are a group from the gym consisting of a couple personal trainers and our clients. Thought about possibly including my name too (Nicolina). Thank you for any help!

Sandra Plascensia June 6, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Hi! A group of friends and I are going to our first 5K (Run or Dye) We are looking for a team name. We are all so unathletic and little plump. Can you help us out?

Adam Levine June 5, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Leslie,

I’d love to help out. Those are great names! Just curious – is there any particular reason why the focus is on bling? I’ll email you to get more info.

Adam Levine June 5, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Jasmine,

Wine loving women! Awesome. I’ll get you a name in 24 hrs, just in time for Thursday happy hour. :)

Adam Levine June 5, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for visiting CustomInk. I’ll try and get you an awesome name in the next day or so.

Leslie June 3, 2013 at 11:11 am

Hi Adam! Can you email me the ideas you had for the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in San Francisco? I think my team will have runners from Missouri and California on it. Our current thoughts are “We run for bling” or “Half crazed Blingers”. Thank you!

Jasmine Botwinik June 1, 2013 at 2:07 pm

We are a bunch of wine loving women in need of a running group name for San Fran 2013. Any suggestions?

Lisa May 31, 2013 at 2:01 pm

My husband, daughter (17), son(19), and I are running a 5k together for the first time. We are from New York City and love music. I’d like a fun name that we can use for this race and future runs that we do together.

Adam Levine May 31, 2013 at 10:58 am

Hi Jake,

Thanks for visiting! I’ll have some Electric Run name ideas to you later today.

Adam Levine May 31, 2013 at 10:31 am

Hi Molly,

I’d be happy to help. I should be able to get you some Big Bang Theory related names later today. Just so happens I’m a big fan of that show. :P Be in touch soon.

Jake May 30, 2013 at 4:54 am

I could use some ideas for the Electric Run in Seattle!

Mrs Nurse May 29, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Hello,

We have a team of men and women that will be doing a color run this month. We would love a team name that pulled in the TV show “Big Bang theory” Any ideas?

Adam Levine May 29, 2013 at 10:29 am

Liz,

I’d love to help. I’ve collected a bunch of Color Run Team Names over the last few months and would be happy to share. In the meantime, check out our new blog post:

Adam Levine May 29, 2013 at 10:28 am

Hi Sheetal,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! I’ll try and get a couple names to you later today.

falon May 28, 2013 at 11:01 pm

hello,

love these!!! im looking for an electric run tram name as well! please help :0

thanks so much

Trish May 27, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Hello, I’ve been searching all over for creative team names and found this awesome site. So thought I would see if you could help. :) Some friends and I are going to register and HOPE we get picked for the Nike Women’s marathon in San Francisco. We are trying to think of a fun team name with a bit of spanish flair. We are all from New Mexico so wanted to play on that and represent our state.
THANK YOU!

Liz May 23, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Doing a 5k Color Me Rad run in columbia, sc. Team has high school girls. Any ideas? Anything funny and creative will do!

Adam Levine May 23, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Judy,

I’ll send that list over via email by tomorrow. And if you’re not in a rush, I’m also putting up a blog post solely for electric runs in the next week or so… So keep an eye out!

Adam Levine May 23, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Hi Michaela,

I’d be happy to help. I’ll send you some ideas in the next day or so.

Sheetal May 22, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Doing a 5K called glow hawaii…. any funny names for a team? Thanks!

Nina May 22, 2013 at 2:23 pm

To add to my last comment: It’s a 5K FoamFest race in the tri-state area. We’re all from NYC.

Nina May 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Hi, Adam:

I’d love some help on a team name for a 5K relay race. There will be 5-8 of us, mixed guys and girls. A few of us are lawyer. We’ve all known each other for a long time. If you have any suggestions, I’d beyond appreciate them.

Thanks!!
Nina

Judy May 20, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Hi Adam,

I know you have other requests for names for an Electric Run. Could you send your list to me?
Thank you!

Michaela May 17, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Hi Adam,

I am looking for a family friendly team name for a memorial run in honor of my husband that passed away. His name is Jason.
Thank you for any suggestions!

Adam Levine May 16, 2013 at 11:16 am

Tracy,

Happy to help! The relay sounds pretty epic. So I’ll see what I can do about an epic team name for ya.

I’ll be in touch no later than Monday.

Tracy May 15, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Hi Adam,
My team is in dire need of a name. We are 6 women running the Ragnar Relay as an Ultra team. Our course is through NW Washington State and will be pretty epic. We’d like something that could involve costumes, but they would need to be simple and easy to run in. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Adam Levine May 10, 2013 at 11:51 am

Danielle & Amanda,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! Both races sound like fun! I’ll try and get you some names by Monday.

Adam Levine May 10, 2013 at 11:36 am

Carolynn,

Sure thing. I’ll email you later today.

Danielle May 9, 2013 at 10:51 am

Hey Adam,
I’m needing a name for our Tap ‘N’ Run team. (We basically dress up in costume, run 1K, stop and drink beer, repeat x4.) We haven’t decided on any costumes yet, so we’re wide open to suggestions.

Amanda Wilson May 8, 2013 at 11:35 pm

In our small town, we have a 5k called the Kracker Klassic at the end of June. I am wanting a funny name for a team. Can u help?
I saw some shirts at the Christie Clinic marathon and on the backs of their shirts they all had nicknames, like Hezzy tater, mashed, twice baked. I thought it was a neat idea, but having a hard time thinking of something creative.

Adam Levine May 8, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Carrie,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! I’ve got a whole list of names for Electric Runs now, so I’ll get you some ideas shortly.

Adam Levine May 8, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Hi Mare,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. I am very sorry for your loss.

I should be able to get back to you with some names for your run in the next 24 hrs. Look for an email from me soon.

Carolynn May 7, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I am team captain for a walking challenge. Our team is orthopedic nurses…any ideas?

Adam Levine May 6, 2013 at 11:43 am

Nikki and the two Chrisies,

Thank you all for visiting CustomInk! I will try and get you each something in the next day or so. Look for an email from me soon!

-Adam

Carrie May 5, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Need fun names for Electric Run

Mare May 5, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Hi, my family and I are participating the Chula Vista 5k Fun Run. Our team members include myself, my husband, sister, and my 3 kids. We are looking for a fun and creative name while also dedicating this run to my father who passed away recently. Can you help us out with some team names?

Chrisie May 3, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Hello, we have a group of families doing the American Lung Association’s “Fight for Air-Dapper Dash” walk/run. Our company (Monroe Plan for Medical Care) is sponsoring a portion of the team. I have looked at what you are able to do to help others and was hoping you could help us come up with a team name.

Adam Levine May 3, 2013 at 10:18 am

Thanks Pat! I appreciate it.

I’ll get you a few ideas later this afternoon.

Chrisie May 2, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Hello, we have a team of mixed walkers/runners participating in the American Lung Associations “Fight for Air” -Dapper Dash event. It is a family fun event and we are looking for a fun energizing name. I have reviewed all of the comments and see that your team comes up with some very creative names. Can you help us?

Nikki Sosa May 2, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Hi! I’m doing the Run or Dye race with about 4 friends of mine (also all female) and possibly my 13 year old daughter. I would LOVE if you can help us out with some suggestions? Thanks a mill!!

Adam Levine May 1, 2013 at 10:39 am

Lindsay,

For sure. I’ll try and get you something later this afternoon! :)

Lisa May 1, 2013 at 9:31 am

Looking for a team name for a group of women doing a color 5k run. We are all in IT Security.

Pat April 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Wow, you are creative! My friend and I are running our first 5K. Our second 5K is planned one month after the first. During our second run, our trainer will run a 15K. Need a good funny team name that would encompass both. We’re kind of an oxymoron “Slow Run”

Lindsay April 29, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I’m looking for some ideas for the Glo Run 5K. I saw that you’ve emailed some ideas out, but not posted! I’d love to see what ideas you had!

Adam Levine April 29, 2013 at 10:37 am

Howie,

That is a tough one. I don’t speak Chinese… So I don’t think I’d be the best person to help. Sorry!

Best of luck.

cassie April 26, 2013 at 3:24 pm

A friend of mine (both moms!) and our husbands r doing our first foam run….any suggestions?!? It’s sponsored by mikes hard lemonade…..

Mindy April 26, 2013 at 2:17 pm

ANNA…For your 5K in July for you and your child….

Momma (you) and Momma’s Little Firecracker :)
Blockbusters
Black Cats (Firecracker Co)

Good luck :)

Howie Nichols April 26, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Ok….HERE’S a challenge.
A clever name for a Chinese running club.
Ideas?

Krystal April 25, 2013 at 11:21 am

I am SO GLAD I came across this website!!! These names are spectacular!!!
I’m looking to put together a set group to run all upcoming 5Ks here in the DFW area… and I’m stumped on team names that can be co-ed! I’m NOT good at this kind of thing- can you help?!
So excited to see what you can come up with!!!
Thank you!

Adam Levine April 24, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Stephanie,

Wow, your daughter sounds like a real inspiration. We’ve been swamped with requests lately, so I’ll try to email you some ideas in the next day or so.

Adam Levine April 24, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Noreen,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! I’ll email you later today. Sorry for the delay!

Jennifer April 22, 2013 at 3:34 pm

So glad I found this website. You have a lot of great names and ideas! I’m looking to get shirts made for my running group but we’re struggling with a team name.
There are about 10 of us “girls” running the Boston Run to Remember Half Marathon Memorial day weekend. This is a run tributing law enforcement officers who have been killed in the line of duty over the years. As you can imagine with the recent events during the Boston Marathon this race has a whole new meaning! We are so proud and excited to run this race – we’ve been training all winter and will not let anything stop us. We are Boston Strong!
So here’s a little history – we all ran a 1/2 marathon in Oct and had shirts made that said “only half crazy” The shirts were great and we now refer to ourselves as crazies – crazy girls, etc.
We are all from Ashland MA which is the 2nd town on the Boston Marathon route. So I’ve been trying to tie our town name in as well – “Ashland Remembers – Ashland Strong??
If you have any suggestions that would be great!!
Thanks!!

Adam Levine April 22, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. Sorry for just responding now — I am just seeing this. I’ll reach out in just a bit. Hopefully we can still get you a great name for your Moms on the Run t-shirts!

Stephanie April 20, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I’m putting together a team for the Pittsburgh Pirates Family Fun Run/Walk for Epilepsy 5k in honor of my daughter – who is crazy-inspirational. She will be running also. She is 15 and despite having been diagnosed just a year and a half ago, she lets nothing stop her. For example, this week she was having some issues with possible mini seizures and was really tired. BUT she went to school anyway…and took gym class…and ran the mile…in the cold and rain…in 9 minutes…and keeps honors grades. So, I figured, if she can do all of this on a daily basis, I can get off my lazy butt and do something to support her and epilepsy awareness. So far there are about a dozen of us. Her name is Alainah, but we call her Lainy (middle name is Grace) but I don’t know if she will want her name in the team name…any suggestions??

Peggy April 19, 2013 at 10:56 am

We are running Moms on the Run on Mothers Day (5k) It is my first run, it’s my sisters 50th bday and we have about 20 of us running. Family, friends, kids etc. We are trying to come up with a name to put on the tshirts. I realize we are very limited on time and need to get the shirts ordered in the next day or two. Any ideas?

Noreen April 18, 2013 at 1:51 pm

We are a diverse crew of six – 50 something moms from Calgary, Alberta- planning to walk/run Portland Marathon October 6/13
Some of us are runners and some are walkers. Our Goal is to get everyone across the finish line one way or another. Any team name ideas would be great.

Adam Levine April 18, 2013 at 10:10 am

Theresa,

I’d be happy to help you out. Celebrating your 30th with a 5k Glo Run sounds like a great idea. Healthy and fun! I’ll see what the team can come up with for you. Expect an email by Friday at the latest. :)

theresa April 17, 2013 at 11:42 am

i’ve decided to celebrate my 30th birthday this year by doing a 5k. the one in wisconsin on my birthday weekend is a “glo run” so getting some friends together to do it with me… i’ve been trying to think of names and came up with some, but nothing GREAT yet. lol. its mostly going to be girls maybe acouple guys… could you help? :)

Adam Levine April 15, 2013 at 10:39 am

Hi Amy,

Thanks for visiting! I’d be happy to help out. Give me a day or so, and I’ll email you some ideas.

Kimberly April 15, 2013 at 12:42 am

My daughter and I are running our first 5k and doing it together this coming weekend. The 5k is to promote the nursing field and will also support a local charity. We would like a mother/daughter team name, saying, etc. to put on matching shirts for us to wear and remember this special day and fun time together. Please help with any ideas. Thank you :)

Amy April 13, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hey! Avid runners looking for a name for our Gut Check Challenge. We are a tough group of moms who love to run and have fun! This mud run is going to be a blast. Any ideas for names would be awesome!

Adam Levine April 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Holly,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. I should be able to have you a name in about 24 hours. How many people are running with you?

Adam Levine April 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Chris,

Good for you! It looks like a pretty fun race to participate in, so it should all be worthwhile! I’ll try and get you something at the latest tomorrow.

Holly April 9, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Hey, I work for a pain clinic and we are doing the Color Run in July. I need to get us registered, but need a team name. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Chris April 8, 2013 at 12:47 pm

We are doing the Color Me Rad race and can’t think of a fun name. We are not runners! Always wondered why anyone would run unless chased. Running with my 17 year old dancer daughter and her 18 year old boyfriend as well as a girlfriend of mine who needed this run for inspiration. (I am 41 she is 35) What I won’t do for my friends! Help!!

Adam Levine April 8, 2013 at 11:58 am

Julie and Danielle, I’ll try and get some names to you later today. :)

Julie April 6, 2013 at 11:32 am

I’m doing the Electric Run as well! Our team is four females, between 20-30 and all nurses/nurse aides. I need a clever name!

Danielle April 5, 2013 at 9:47 am

I am also doing the electric run in Miami in Nov… We cannot think of a name lol … just for a backstory we are not typically runners lol.. we are both guys and girls.. we have been friends for a long time… any funny names would be appreciated… =0)

Adam Levine April 3, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Angela & Amanda,

Thanks for visiting! I’ll try to put some ideas together for you later this afternoon.

Amanda April 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm

The color run names you listed above are creative, but can you come up with something using the word “sole” for a group of young women running a 5K? Thanks for any ideas you have!!

Angela Ramirez April 1, 2013 at 10:15 am

Hey Adam a group of 4 girls will be doing the Digital Run this month. Can you give us an idea for team names…we all work for a school. We are all from the 80′s. Thanks for the help!!

Adam Levine April 1, 2013 at 9:53 am

Hi Kim,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! I’m so glad you like our team names. Give me a day or so and I’ll see what the team can come up with!

Kim March 31, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Love your darling ideas for team names….my sister and I run our first marathon in october with the Nike run in San Francisco. Any suggestions? By the way we are 25 years apart in age. Running partners for years.

Adam Levine March 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Hey Honeylynne, Patti, and Dee Dee. Great names! I’ll do my best to get you all something in the next day or so. So many great runs/events coming up, very exciting. :)

Honeylynne March 26, 2013 at 1:23 pm

My 3 sisters and I will also be doing an electric run, a digital run to be exact. I cannot think of a fun name for our team. Please help.

Patti March 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I will be doing the Harpoon Brewery 5 mile race in May to benefit the Angel Fund (for ALS- Lou Gehrig’s disease). I will be part of a 6 member team (5 girls and 1 guy). Any ideas for a team name?

Dee Dee Uzzell March 26, 2013 at 11:14 am

Looking for fun name for a team running in the Run for the Warriors run May 18, 2013 in Jacksonville NC
Team is sponsored by Veterans United Home Loans. Majority of runners will be active duty or retired military. Thanks

Adam Levine March 25, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Dina,

Sure thing, I’ll be sure to email you one. :) I never knew foam runs were a thing. Very cool!

Dina March 22, 2013 at 10:59 am

Me and my team are doing a 5k Foam run in June. I cannot for the life of me come up with a clever name! Can you help?

anna March 13, 2013 at 10:57 am

My 3 year old and I do at least one 5K/month, I’ve been able to come up with creative names for all so far but need help with our July one. The 5K is called Stars and Stripes….any ideas?

Susan March 13, 2013 at 8:17 am

Need a fun name for a team of three ladies for a St Patty day run. Any ideas!

Adam Levine March 11, 2013 at 11:43 am

For color runs: One of my favorites I’ve seen by our customers is “Crayola Crew”. “Rainbow Brites” could be good to emphasize color too.

And “Do or Dye”, “Live & Let Dye”, “Ride or Dye”, and “Dye, Dye Birdie” are all fun play on words from song titles.

For electric runs: “Bright Lights Big City” was the first one I thought of. “Shine Bright Like a Diamond”, AC/DC, and “The Electric Express” could be good names based off songs and bands. I just found out doing some research that the Electric Express released a cool funky song in 1971. Funtimes. :)

Adam Levine March 11, 2013 at 10:18 am

Hey everyone,

These electric runs look like a lot of fun. As do the color runs.

I’ll reach out with a few name ideas later today. If anyone has anything creative they’d like to share, please comment below!

Daphanie March 9, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Hey there! My friends and I are doing the Run or Dye 5k race and we were looking for a name. We are all girls and we are from Atlanta. This race is all about COLOR and us being hit with that color. lol. Could you help?

Tara March 8, 2013 at 4:32 pm

we’re in an electric run too…need a name. thanks :)

Britny March 8, 2013 at 2:08 am

Wait! We’re doing the electric run too :D Can you email me some names too? My mind is totally blank.

Adam Levine March 1, 2013 at 9:34 am

Hey Marsha,

Thanks for visiting! Let’s see what our team can come up with. I’ll send you an email with some ideas. Any ones you like, feel free to repost here. :)

Marsha March 1, 2013 at 2:24 am

We have a team doing a Electric fun run at night trying to think of a team name that’s apropreiate for this kind of run lots of color.. neon…we are a fun goofy mostly women group some men though our running group is called Tacoma Galloway group

If you could help that would be great

Marsha

J January 17, 2013 at 4:46 am

Cool

Sarah October 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Theses names are AWESOMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! love em~~~