Funny and Creative Team Names for Color Runs

in Team Names

Color Run T-Shirts Photo
Are you participating in a color race like the Color Me Rad 5k or The Color Run™, and need a creative team name for your color run t shirts? We’ve compiled a list of clever and funny names just for you! So check ‘em out, pick one, and stand out amongst the crowd with your new, colorful color run team name!

Creative and Fun Color Run Team Names

Get Fit or Dye Tryin’

Taste the Rainbow

Cray Cray Crayola

Pigmentation Party

Do or Dye

Rainbow Rockets

Rainbow Connection

Dye Me a River

A Running Canvas

Sour Patch Kids

Dye Dye Birdie

Team CMYK

These Colors Don’t Run. Oh wait…

Powder to the People

Team Skittles

Adam Levine April 21, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Mary,

I’d love to help, but we stopped providing personalized names due to extremely high demand and not enough bandwidth to support it. I highly suggest you take a look at the following pages for some inspiration.

Best of luck!

Mary Alvarado April 21, 2014 at 11:45 am

Any ideas on team names? A bunch of our church youth and familyare doing our 1st 5k run or dye and can’t come up with names . please help

Heather April 9, 2014 at 9:15 am

I am doing my first color run with my 2 daughters ages 12 and 15 . We’d like a cute mother/daughter tshirt, any ideas?

Adam Levine March 24, 2014 at 9:34 am

Hi Jully,

We are no longer able to provide personalized team names for individual groups. Check out the names below or some of these other resources for more help:

jully March 23, 2014 at 1:13 am

we are doing a trail relay with 5 girls and having a difficult time coming up with a cute/clever name. help!!

Laura March 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Doing this run next month with several fun and spunky girls… Could use some ideas for this group!

Adam Levine February 24, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Due to the overwhelming response for personalized team name requests in the comments section below, we are unable to fulfill requests going forward. While it was something we quite enjoyed doing, we no longer have the manpower to devote to it. We thank you for the outstanding response and hope you find inspiration in the names above and encourage the community of commenters to help one another find great names for their teams.

cathy February 24, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Looking for a unique name for our team at a color run.

Adam Levine February 24, 2014 at 8:59 am

Tami,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk and requesting a team name. Since we’ve got so many requests for team names at the moment, it’s going to be about a week before I can get back to you. Look for an email the first week of March.

Adam Levine February 24, 2014 at 8:55 am

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk and requesting a team name. Due to an increased demand for custom team names, we are unable to get back to you until early March. So expect an email from me then. All the best.

Melissa February 23, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Hi! I’d love help coming up with a team name for the graffiti run. We are all moms so I was trying to do something with mom in it because at least 3 of us are starting this to get the baby weight off :) thanks in advance for your help we are so excited

Heather February 14, 2014 at 3:45 pm

We are a group of Girl Scout leaders and moms and we need an awesome team name for an upcoming color run…any suggestions???

Adam Levine February 13, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Hi Ashely,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. Due to a recent influx in team name requests, the turnaround on getting personalized names has increased to about a week and a half. I will try to get you a name by early next week. All the best.

Tami February 13, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I’m doing my first run with 3 friends. We happen to all be very smart & large chested. So we wanted a funny name for boobs & brains. I cant think of anything!

Samantha February 13, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Doing the color run in July in Minnesota. It’s during MLB’s All Star weekend, so I’m looking for a team name that connects with baseball. Any help would be great!

Adam Levine February 10, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Diana,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! I’m happy to help you come up with a name for your color run team. Give me a few days and I’ll email you some names.

ashley February 9, 2014 at 8:46 am

hi!! i need help for a team name!! we are a bunch of vets and vet techs and are creativity it low (sometimes). it is our first 5k and wanted to make it fun so we have a reason to keep trying new ones!! help PLEASE!!

Diana February 5, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Me & my friends Edita, Asmira, Dom, and Heather are a group of teenagers doing the color run. We can’t think of any good names. Any suggestions ????

Adam Levine February 5, 2014 at 9:45 am

Jennifer,

How fun! She must love the events. I’ll reach out with a few name ideas in the next few days. Expect an email from me by Monday next week at the latest.

Jennifer February 4, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I’m doing my 1st The Color Run with my daughter who is 6yrs old. Its a mother/daughter team! She loves to run with me and has such amazing determination to try to keep up with me. We’ve done mud runs and the neon light run together but I’m completely lost for a team name for us. Any suggestions would be great :)

Adam Levine January 31, 2014 at 8:15 am

Hi Jules,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m happy to help, although I can only provide team names and design ideas. I am not very knowledgeable about how to conduct a color run…

Expect an email from me early next week to discuss.

Jules January 29, 2014 at 10:45 am

Our middle school is hosting our 5th Triathlon and would like to incorporate the “Dye” aspect to interest more students in participating. Looking for some great ideas to help…..

Katie Lanning January 29, 2014 at 12:35 am

Hey Adam, just ran across your article. My friend and I were going to just volunteer but as I read into it more I wanted to participate, so we decided tonight we’re going to make a team. This will be our first 5k ever and are using it more as an incentive ti get healthier! We both are on the larger side but love to be involved in the community and love to have fun! If you could help us with names that would be wonderful, just send me an email!

Adam Levine January 27, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Hi Michelle!

For sure. I’ll reach out to you in the next few days (at the latest Thursday). Thanks for visiting!

Adam Levine January 27, 2014 at 11:58 am

Hi Karissa,

I’m happy to help. :) Look for an email from me in the next couple of days with some ideas. All the best!

Michelle January 25, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Hello Adam,
I’m pulling a team together for the NJ Color Run and I would like to come up with a fun cool creative team name. Would you be able to make some suggestions?

Karissa January 24, 2014 at 5:28 pm

A team of teachers are in need of some ideas for a 5K color run! Any suggestions?

Adam Levine January 23, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Siobhan,

Thanks so much for visiting. Wow that sounds like quite the run. Give me til Tues or Wed next week and I’ll email you some ideas. All the best.

siobhan January 23, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Hi Adam-

We are looking for a name for our color run team. 3 of us are moms, one is a mom to a puppy. We are running in Copper at close to 9000ft in the snow. Any ideas??

Adam Levine January 22, 2014 at 10:04 am

Very cool, Lisa! I’ll shoot you over some team names in the next day or so. If you can provide some more detail about the group you are running with, that’d be great as well.

Lisa January 21, 2014 at 5:34 pm

South Londonderry Township is participating in the color run. Can you help us think of a good team name? Thank you.

Adam Levine January 15, 2014 at 11:47 am

Sonya,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. I’ll be happy to brainstorm a few team names for your Dye Run group. Expect an email from me by the latest Friday.

Sonya January 15, 2014 at 8:55 am

Trying to create a creative team name for a bunch of women runnning the Dye Run…

Adam Levine January 8, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Tracy,

I think Colorful Brunchers is pretty neat! But let me brainstorm a few more ideas for you… Just give me a day or so, and I’ll email them over. Thanks for visiting!

Tracy January 7, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Hi Adam
We have been using the name brunchers when we sign up for most of the fun run.
Thinking to link colour to the name brunchers.
Colourful Brunchers are the closer and most creative we can get……..we need your help, any good ideas?
With thanks,
Tracy

Adam Levine January 7, 2014 at 9:50 am

Karishma,

Happy to help. I’ll email you some names in the next day or so.

Best,

Adam Levine January 7, 2014 at 9:49 am

Nicole,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk.

For sure, give me a couple of days and I’ll email you some ideas.

Adam Levine January 6, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Cindy,

Happy to help. Looks like a fun race to participate in and seems like a great reason for you to do it. Thank you for your service by the way. I’ll be in touch in the next day or so with some team name ideas…. BTW, sorry for the delay – I was out of town on vacation since Dec 28th.

Adam Levine January 6, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Hi Tasha,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk.

Sorry for just replying now. I was out of the office on holiday. I will go ahead and email you some ideas in the next day or so.

Karishma January 4, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Looking for a really awesome team name for the color run 2014 in Atlanta. Any suggestions?! Please help soon!!

Nicole Peregrina January 3, 2014 at 11:50 pm

We are thinking of doing a color run for a fundraiser at our high school for our Junior class. We were wondering if you could offer us some creative ideas to make the experience better, that would be great. Thanks!

Cindy Gibson Brown January 3, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I just signed up for my first ever run, Backlight Run in New Orleans which is on my 39th birthday!
Not only is this a huge stepping stone for me overcoming life’s obstacles the past 4 years that have been keeping me down and deeply depressed, but also I am super stoked that I actually committed to something (over 6 months away)!!!
Long story short, my and a few friends are running in celebration of ourselves and our courage as military moms to remember that while we serve our country, serve as wives and mothers, we must serve ourselves, by taking time for ourselves.
I have no clue about naming a team and all that good stuff.
Some of us are veterans now and some are still active duty, can you help me come up with something fun for a team name?

Tasha December 28, 2013 at 9:02 pm

We’re doing the color run in May, and my 14 yr old daughter who is the reigning Miss Bloomington Indiana is heading up our team! Any team name suggestions for us? Would love to have something about pageants, National American Miss, or her title involved!

Adam Levine October 31, 2013 at 9:53 am

Kylie,

So sorry for your friend’s loss. :(

I’m happy to help you out. Give me a couple days and I’ll get you some name ideas. All the best.

Kylie October 30, 2013 at 7:36 am

Hi Adam,
Just stumbled across your fabulous site whilst trying to find inspiration for a meaningful team name for Color Run. I will be joining my best friend and a few other close mates for an upcoming run in which we will be doing in remembrance of my best friend’s son, Nathan, who passed away 10mths ago. The run is going to be held 2 days prior to his birthday which will also be just after the first anniversary of his death. I’d like something catchy that possibly reflects ‘stars’ and Nath’s favourite colors blue and yellow. If you have any suggestions, I would be most grateful :o)

Adam Levine October 28, 2013 at 11:25 am

Hey Stacey,

You are most certainly allowed to use one of them. I’ll send you a few more as well. Thanks for commenting!

Stacey October 24, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Hi Adam. I just found out about a color run in my area and am at a loss for a team name. I read some of the cute and creative ones that you put up. Are we allowed to use one of them? My daughter and I really like Team Skittles. I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Thanks. Stacey.

Julie October 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Tryng to think of a fun name for our group. 3 moms, 3 sons ( 8 and 9 years old), 1 daughter. We met when our sons started playing football together. Suggestions

Adam Levine October 9, 2013 at 11:46 am

Christine,

Thanks for visiting. I’m happy to help you find a creative name. Give me 24-48 hrs and I’ll get some ideas to you.

Christine McCray October 9, 2013 at 11:01 am

I am getting a group together to do a Color Run and need a team name. I really am havng trouble coming up with something, any ideas. We all work different places and are of different ages. We all do play Candy Crush but so far I cannot think of something in realtion to that either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Adam Levine September 24, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Mitch,

A color mud run eh? Very cool. Lemme see what I can come up with. I’ll email you in a day or so.

Mitch September 24, 2013 at 1:51 am

Hi This is Mitch Im a marketing staff from a construction company and we will be having our color run but at at the same time it’ll be a mud run can you give me ideas for a slogan? Thanks!

Adam Levine September 23, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Elaine,

Wow 5 boys! You guys must have your hand’s full. :)

Give me 24-48 hrs and I’ll have a couple names for ya.

Adam Levine September 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! Very fun! What a great way to celebrate her birthday. I’ll send over a few ideas via email after getting a bit more info from you. Just give me a day or so.

Elaine September 22, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Hi. My sister’s and I and our 5 boys (ages 5, 5, 6, 7 & 11) are going to be doing a color race and was wondering if you had any cool team names that you can recommend. Thank you in advance :-)

Debbie September 22, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Adam…Need a cool team name for my family for the upcoming color run. The run is happening on my daughters 18th birthday! Can you suggest any fun/cooll names to help celebrate her big 18?

Thanks so much!

Adam Levine September 19, 2013 at 9:50 am

Amy,

Happy to help! I’ll get you something by tomorrow afternoon (Friday). Thanks for commenting!

Adam Levine September 19, 2013 at 9:49 am

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk!

That’s awesome you’re doing a color run with your floormates. What a great way to bond with each other. I’ll try and get you something creative in the next day or so. Best, Adam

Amy September 18, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Hi there – We are doing a color run in Mobile AL. We are a fastpitch softball team of 12 and under girls with some little siblings tagging along.
Thanks for the ideas!

Rebecca September 18, 2013 at 11:30 am

I am doing a color run with my dorm floor. Our dorm is called Eigenmann at Indiana University and we are the 7th floor. Eigenmann is also known as Tokyo Towers. We need a creative name! please help! :)

Adam Levine September 9, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Hey there ‘Just a Mom’,

That’s awesome you guys are doing it together. Let me see what I can come up with. Give me 1-2 days and I’ll have a few name ideas for you.

Just a Mom September 8, 2013 at 10:21 pm

We’re doing a mother/daughter Color Run team…any suggestions on a team name?

Adam Levine September 3, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Allison,

I’m happy to help you find a fun team name for your Run or Dye race. Look for an email from me in 1-2 days.

Best,
-Adam

Allison September 1, 2013 at 8:36 am

Some of my friends and I are doing the Run or Dye race! We want to be original and sporty. We have an all girls team and would like some suggestions. Please Help!

Danielle August 28, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I love the name skittles but it’s already taken. I’m doing the color run in October and we need a creative name. Any help would be greatly appreciated please!

Adam Levine August 21, 2013 at 11:36 am

Sheree,

Sure thing, let me brainstorm a couple ideas. I’ll try and get you something Setterholmy in the next day or so! :)

sheree Setterholm August 21, 2013 at 10:53 am

I am running with my daughter in laws in a September color run. Any suggestions with the name Setterholm?

Adam Levine August 12, 2013 at 10:18 am

Hi Whitney,

I’d love to help you out. Let me see what I can come up with for you Theologs! Give me a day or two and I’ll email over some colorful ideas.

Whitney Burton August 11, 2013 at 1:59 pm

We have a team from a Seminary (School of theology) running in a Color Run in October. Our school in on a plateau that we all affectionately call the Mountain. We are trying to come up with a fund team name. Our Intramural name is the Theologs, but we want something more in tune with the color theme. Any ideas?

Adam Levine August 9, 2013 at 11:28 am

Ashley,

Sure thing. I’m happy to help! I’ll send you an email with some ideas. Anyone else is more than welcome to comment to help Ashley as well.

Ashley K. August 8, 2013 at 2:54 pm

The girls in my office (and myself) are running as a group in the Color Run this upcoming fall. We work at a tent company and are struggling to come up with the perfect name. We’d like to incorporate our company name (Big Top Tents) and colors. Can anyone help? :-)

Adam Levine August 6, 2013 at 9:42 am

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry for not being able to respond to your request for team names & sayings for the past few weeks. I recently had a baby and was out on paternity leave. But I’ll follow up with each and every one of you via email to see if you still need names/ideas.

Thanks for your patience!
-Adam

Sadie August 6, 2013 at 1:44 am

We too are a group of moms running with our kids about 4 yr to 10 years in St Louis.

Any name suggestions?

Jackie July 30, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Hi! I am trying to come up with a team name for the Color Run here in Cleveland. We have 4 people in our team and we were trying to do something with our names (like an anagram), but I am having no luck. Thinking maybe you could help??

Karen July 29, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Lisa Rey- how about “Violet Offenders”?

Kayla July 27, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Me and some of my coworkers are doing a Color Me Rad run in October. This is similar to a Color Run just with a different name. We are trying to think of a team name that relates to what we sell at our cafe. We work at Panera Bread so we sell bread, pastries, bagel, and practically everything in between. Any suggestions?

Kayla July 25, 2013 at 8:51 pm

me and some of my coworkers are participating in a Color Me Rad 5K in October. This is similar t othe Color Run..just a different name. We are trying to think of a fun, creative team name that goes with our restaurant name and what we sell. We work at Panera Bread so we sell bread, bagels, pastries, and a whole lot more. Any suggestions for a team name?

Sherry July 22, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I am getting a group together to do my first 5k and need help with names please. It is a glo 5k, thank u

April King July 9, 2013 at 10:22 am

Jade: what about The Colour kids?
Lisa: The Crayon Box?

Julie Color runner June 30, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Skittles is my favorite :)

Adam Levine June 24, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Lisa,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. I’ll be happy to help. Expect an email from me in about 24-48 hrs.

Lisa Rey June 24, 2013 at 1:10 pm

A few girls from where I work are running in a color run. We all work at a Federal Prison. We cannot seem to come up with a good name for our team. Suggestions would be great!!

Adam Levine June 11, 2013 at 10:29 am

Jade, I’m happy to help! From what I see, Color Runs look like a lot of fun. I’ll be in touch with some more name ideas within a day or two. Talk to you soon!

Jade June 8, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I thought it would be more approriate to post here as this is the run we are doing. A bunch of moms and I are doing this run here in Orlando, FL in September. We are doing this run with our children, so we will all be pushing strollers/jogging strollers. We can’t come up with a name. Any advice?