Uploading Images in iOS8
Apple's iOS operating system version 8.0.0 contains a bug that may prevent you from uploading images to our Design Lab from an iPhone, iPod, or iPad running this version of iOS.
Apple has released an updated version of iOS (8.0.2 or later) that fixes this issue. To upgrade your iOS device, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update, and follow the steps to install the updated software. (This may take a few minutes.)
Option 1: Upload from another device
Upload your image from another device (a laptop/desktop computer, for example) or a device running an earlier version of iOS. Once it is saved in your design, you will still be able to move and edit the file from your iOS Device.
Option 2: Add Custom Ink to your Home Screen
When you add a web site to your Home Screen (and load the web site by clicking that icon) this runs Safari in a way that avoids the bug with uploading images. To do this:
- Load the Custom Ink web site in Safari on your iOS device.
- Touch the “Share” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Touch the “Add to Home Screen” option
- Click “Add” to confirm the information that you’re adding.
- You should see a new icon on your Home Screen. You may need to flip through the pages of your Home Screen to find it. Click this new icon and access our Design Lab as usual. You should now be able to upload your image!
Option 3: Email your file to us
You can also email your images to us, and a helpful Inker can add it to a design for you. Send your file to email@example.com and ask that we add this to your design for you.